Since today’s post is just a couple of updates, I decided not to pair the post with a book. Sorry!
The first bit of news is that Breezy Books nominated me for this award:
Sisterhood of the World Bloggers
Thank you so much, Maddie. I feel like I’m NEVER nominated for anything, so I gladly accept. According to the rules for this award, I must nominate five other bloggers for the award and state seven things about myself. Here goes:
Other girls you may want to check out are:
& Seven things about me:
- I love to take long baths. For hours. I refill the tub when the water gets cold. I love baths so much that I even have an antique claw foot bathtub in my back yard, but it’s not for bathing. I hope to make it into a planter for an herb garden next spring.
- Do you know those claw games that you see in arcades that drop down and grab a toy? When I play them, I win. A lot. It’s a skill that never ceases to impress small children.
- I drive around an old bike named Chester. I am convinced the bicycle has magical powers because no matter how far I ride, it only takes me half as long to get home as it takes me to get to a place. IE: If I take a two-hour drive on winding country roads, I will be able to make it home in only one hour.
- I have a crush on Stevie Nicks.
- I once went on a date to a Beastie Boys concert where the guy asked me to tailgate before hand and have Caribou in the parking lot. Great! Who doesn’t love coffee? When I got there, I realized he meant Caribou the animal, not Caribou with caffeine. Woops!
- I have an addiction to ginger candy and tea.
- Mary GrandPré, the illustrator for the Harry Potter series, hand painted the back room of my house.
The second bit of news is that I will be scaling back from two posts a week, to just one post on Thursday mornings. I have some thick books in the collection that will require a bit more reading time, and now that the blog is established, I would like to spend a bit more time on my writing.